We are all sensitive to the energy around us – some are more aware of it than others – but when it comes to babies you can be sure they feel everything. So good feng shui energy in the baby room will soothe, nourish and even strengthen your baby’s energy.
Be guided by your senses. Think of the nursery as a special retreat for relaxation and bonding with your little one and let it delight all five senses.
Creating a good feng shui room for your baby is more than just decorating the space right. It is about expressing your unconditional love, care and adoration for your baby, as well as providing reassurance of support throughout the life you will be sharing together.
12 tips for your baby room!
- Place the bed so that your child can see the door, against a solid wall to provide the baby a sense of security when sleeping.
- The best colours are soothing tones such as light yellow, pale green and pale blues. Using a soft colour for your baby could help promote proper health and rest. Avoid colours that are too bright or attractive as they can be too stimulating. Babies need deep peaceful sleep for healthy growth.
- Choose floors made of natural materials: a nice wooden floor or soft carpet.
- Create a harmony of soft colours with the bedding. Choose the colours you really like, colours that will comfort and soothe both you and the baby.
- Have several sources of light in the room to be used at different times of day and night; this will contribute to a balanced feng shui energy. Use a light that can be dimmed, it creates a peaceful atmosphere.
- Create an atmosphere of warmth and safety, place a picture of the family.
- Always hang a baby mobile in front of the window or in the centre of the room, never above the pillow! Above the head can scare your baby on waking.
- Clearing away all clutter in your baby’s room is one of the most important ways to create good energy for your baby. Prevent clutter under the bed.
- To stimulate a healthy night’s sleep, do not place your child’s bed under beams or against a slanted wall.
- Avoid sharp corners on furniture. Soft rounded lines are ideal. Think about safety.
- It is better not to place any electrical equipment in the baby room as the radiation produced by the equipment will unconsciously disturb the night’s rest. If you have electrical equipment in the room, cover it at night with a blanket.
- Provide a special place for you as parents, a comfortable chair or some pillows. You will want to spend some time in your baby’s room.