Where and how you sleep has a major influence on your life. You spend one third of your life in bedroom ; sleeping, making love or just retreating into a kind of privacy that no other room can offer.
When you are asleep, you are unaware of anything taking place around you. Our conscious mind has the night off, but our subconscious is busy at work; recreating and reordering feelings, memory, and experiences for the benefit of our psyche.
It is very important to arrange and decorate your bedroom with utmost care and paying attention to Feng Shui principles as closely as possible:
12 tips for your bedroom
- Never use your bedroom as a storage area for boxes, spare furniture, or stack of books, it will block the smooth flow of chi. Storing junk under your bed will cause stangantion.
- Ideally your should be placed diagonally opposite the room entrance.
- Place your bed against a solid wall, not a window.
- Never place your bed under a low slanting ceiling or under exposed beams. It can cause headaches, illness, confused thinking and bad dreams.
- Mirrors in the bedroom should never face your bed.
- Never place bed in a draft between the door and the window, it may cause insomnia.
- Make the space above your bed as empty as possible. Avoid heavy lights above the bed.
- High, heavy and chaotic stuff, or shelves full of books around the head can lead to bad dreams and nightmares.
- A bed with metal parts should be avoided. A bed of metal attracts energy fields. A solid wooden bed is the best choice.
- For the balance in your relationship it is important that the bed on both sides is equally accessible.
- The images and objects in bedroom should be chosen with the utmost care. See what they mean and from whom did you get them? In this intimate space there should be only images both you and your partner have a good feeling about.
- Choose warm and harmonizing shades. Dynamic colors like red, orange or yellow can bring alternation in bedroom on one hand, but on the other hand they disturb relaxed sleep.