The ideal home office is pleasant and functional.
Tips for your home office!
- Place your desk in a “commanding” position, you should always face the door and sit far enough inside the office to see the whole room from your desk.
- Avoid sitting with your back to the door, you will not be sufficiently alert to your surroundings and may be surprised by people entering your office.
- Don’t place your desk in a draft between the door and window.
- Plants and flowers contribute to the good Feng Shui of any office.
- Your desk should be clean and tidy. Successful business people all have a tidy workplace, even though they have a lot to do. No one can solve dozens of things at the same time.
- Avoid heavy boxes on the floor. Get sufficient shelves and cabinets and a good archiving system.
- A round or an oval table supports people with creative and communicative tasks and with brainstorming.
- A rectangular table is suitable for activities that require analytical and linear thinking, such as accounting.
- Glass tables can cause instability and disorder.
- Hang inspiring photos, posters or paintings that symbolise what you want to achieve on the walls.